Primary Care Networks
Primary Care Networks are a new way for several general practices to collaborate. They are intended to help practices:
* to offer more co-ordinated services,
* to provide better ways for patients to access a wider range of health care professionals.
They will also make more use of digital services.
The regulations around Primary Care Networks have been incorporated into the contract that each GP practice has with the NHS.
Please read the PDF attached for information about it
PCN info for patients
Welcome to Hollow Way Medical Centre
We aim to provide effective medical care in a friendly and caring environment. We hope that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
- If you need a repeat prescription, cancel or book appointments or see your blood test results, you can do it even from home. Ask the receptionists for your password to go online. Patient Access is easy and free to use.
- Coughs and colds, mild eczema, and athlete's foot can be easily resolved without a doctor's appointment by visiting your pharmacy instead, you could save yourself time. Read more about Minor Ailments and Common Conditions
- Keeping a well stocked medicine cabinet at home can help you treat many minor ailments.
- We have a blood pressure monitor at the waiting room, by taking the blood pressure yourself the GPs can take the most over the consultations. If you don't know Blood Pressure readings or meaning read here to find more. Blood Pressure
- Read this article to see when you need to visit your GP If you have symptoms of water infection. If you still need to visit the practice, please don't pass urine before you see a clinician. Urinary Tract Infections UTIs
- Due to a high demand, the GPs are short of appointments, please remember to cancel yours if you are unable to attend by calling the surgery or going online. Also, you could have a telephone appointment instead.
- Sometimes you could see our qualified Nurses beforehand to have everything ready and take the most of your appointment, including annual reviews.
Care Quality Commission
(Site updated 16/07/2019)