Have you thought about your winter plan?
People are encouraged to have a personal winter plan so they are well prepared when the weather takes a turn for the worse and the season for flu, coughs and colds really kicks in. Dr Kiren Collison, Clinical Lead at Oxfordshire CCG, said: "We would like everyone in Oxfordshire to have a winter plan for themselves and their family, so that they know what they can do to keep as well as possible; what they can do if they start to get unwell; and how they can look after older family members, friends or neighbours who might need some help.”
Personal winter plans should include:
- Having a free flu vaccination if you are in an ‘at risk’ group
- Getting help early before your condition worsens.
- Getting repeat prescriptions in plenty of time
- Having a well-stocked medicine cabinet
For more information see here: Have you thought about your winter plan? You can also download or link to the Age UK Oxfordshire leaflet ‘Staying Well this Winter’ which is full of useful advice on how to stay well this winter.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Service
If you are a female aged 16-64 and suffering from symptoms of a UTI (needing to pee suddenly or more often than usual, pain or a burning sensation when peeing, pain in your lower tummy) there’s a new pharmacy service that could help you.
The UTI service allows pharmacists working in community pharmacies in Oxfordshire to treat women suffering from an uncomplicated UTI with nitrofurantoin (an antibiotic).
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Blackbird Leys Health Centre, Dunnock Way, Greater Leys OX4 7EX (T. 01865 770713)
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Sainsbury's, Eastern By-Pass Rd, Oxford OX4 4XR (Blackbird Leys)
- The Leys Pharmacy, 6A Courtland Road, Oxford OX4 4JA (Rosehill)
- The Leys Pharmacy, In-Spar, Dunnock Way, Greater Leys OX4 7EX
For more information please click here