FLU JAB CLINICS AVAILABLE
We will be offering clinics to vaccinate patients against shingles, pneumonia and influenza (FLU). Please see below for more information.
Over 65? Please ask reception to book you in for one of our flu clinics held on a Saturday, you don't need to wait for a letter.
Under 65 and at risk? Please wait to receive a letter or verbal invitation from the practice. For more information about eligibility please check here.
Shingles? Please check if you are eligible and book in with a Practice Nurse. NOT HCA. Please check here.
Pneumococcal vaccination for over 65 or under 65 at risk. Please check here.
Welcome to Hollow Way Medical Centre
We aim to provide effective medical care in a friendly and caring environment. We hope that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
- If you need a repeat prescription, cancel or book appointments or see your blood test results, you can do it even from home. Ask the receptionists for your user to go online. Patient Access is easy and free to use.
- Coughs and colds, mild eczema, and athlete's foot can be easily resolved without a doctor's appointment by visiting your pharmacy instead, you could save yourself time. Read more about Minor Ailments and Common Conditions
- Keeping a well stocked medicine cabinet at home can help you treat many minor ailments.
- We have a blood pressure monitor at the waiting room, by taking the blood pressure yourself the GPs can take the most over the consultations. If you don't know Blood Pressure readings or meaning read here to find more. Blood Pressure
- Read this article to see when you need to visit your GP If you have symptoms of water infection. If you still need to visit the practice, please don't pass urine before you see a clinician. Urinary Tract Infections UTIs
- Due to a high demand, the GPs are short of appointments, please remember to cancel yours if you are unable to attend by calling the surgery or going online. Also, you could have a telephone appointment instead.
- We have qualified Nurses, Practice Link Workers, MIND worker, clinical pharmacist and more. Do you really need to see a GP?
Evening and Weekend NHS Appointments
Evening and weekend NHS appointments are now available in the new OxFed Evening and Weekend GP Clinics, located around the Oxford City area, where you can consult with a NHS GP, practice nurse, or other health professional. Appointments are booked by calling our Practice reception who can advise if the service is suitable for your needs. For more information about opening times and clinic locations please see the OxFed Website.
Care Quality Commission
(Site updated 13/09/2019)